Friendship Village of Dublin is now looking for a Culinary Manager to join our team!
Friendship Village of Dublin is dedicated to serving our residents and associates. We have been selected as a Top Workplace by Columbus CEO Magazine for the past four years, and currently have a 5-Star Licensed Care Medicare rating! We offer a structured work schedule, competitive pay and benefits, and a desirable work environment.
The Culinary Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of food preparation, cooking and baking activities, dietary standards, the quality and nutritional value of foods prepared and maintaining a positive, courteous work environment for staff and residents.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Supervises kitchen personnel on all shifts, staffing, scheduling, counseling, orientation, and evaluation of kitchen staff. Selects, trains, evaluates and recommends/carries out discipline to all kitchen personnel. Utilizes On-Shift to control labor and schedule accuracy.
2. Develops menus and assures implementation of these menus. Maintains a high-quality food service program for the resident and Health Center dining rooms.
3. Ensures that the Food and Beverage department meets all standards in accordance with State and Federal Health Survey process. Ensures F & B personnel is trained in and carry out efforts in this process.
4. Assures staff education is provided to kitchen employees in accordance with the staff education program. Provides on-the-job training for food preparation and kitchen employees.
5. Ensures all policies and procedures are followed in accordance with safe work practices, including but not limited to, MSDS information, infection control, universal precautions, and the Disaster Plan Manual.
6. Develops work assignments for all kitchen personnel, assigning special jobs and spot-checking work to ensure standards are met.
7. Promotes teamwork within the department and between department to ensure smooth operations and quality service to resident, co-workers and guests.
8. Supervises production, sanitation and food service to apartment residents and Health Center residents. Ensures that all food production, storage and service areas are maintained in accordance with all local, federal and state regulations.
9. Maintains essential records including menus served, number of meals served, requisitions for raw food products plus other appropriate reports, schedules, studies, etc.
10. Responsible for vendor selection, maintaining vendor relationships, inventory controls and maintaining minimum/maximum par levels.
11. Monitors temperature of meals.
12. Ensures Crandel recipe menus are followed accurately including gluten free, vegetarian and nutritional analysis.
13. Assists and maintains essential Crandel Menu records including production sheets, number of meals served, requisitions for raw food products plus other appropriate reports, schedules, studies, etc.
14. Orders and maintains proper food and durable good par levels that ensure stability in inventory and daily production.
15. Explores menu options to promote healthy dining such as plant based items and a farm to table concept.
16. Analyzes food waste and item utilization using Crandel menus and Full Count.
1. A minimum of five years experience as an executive chef or sous chef in a hotel, restaurant, club or other similar institution.
2. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, solid mathematical background and an understanding of measurements and conversions.
3. Post Secondary Courses in Restaurant Management Nutrition or related field. Degree or Certificate from a culinary institute preferred.
4. Must be ServSafe® Certified.