Want to work for a company recognized as one of the voted Top Work Places by Columbus CEO? Come be a part of our Community and Make a Difference in the lives of our Residents!
Friendship Village of Dublin is looking for a Director of Food and Beverage who is responsible for the planning, coordinating and administering of all food and beverage services and operations for Friendship Village of Dublin. Responsible for projecting a positive public image through professional conduct and communications of all culinary staff members, while maintaining confidentiality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes standards and procedures for the culinary department to ensure safe operations and high-quality service, while complying with all federal, state and local codes, laws and regulations.
- Promotes team work within the culinary department and between other departments, through open communications, welcoming new hires, properly training those in your department, special departmental programs to recognize employees, and assisting when and wherever needed to ensure smooth operations and high quality service to residents and coworkers.
- Responsible for selection, training, coaching, evaluating, and promoting of all culinary staff members; coordinates with culinary supervisors to ensure they are supervising culinary staff appropriately and maintaining adequate staffing levels and performance levels. Directly supervises, trains, coaches and evaluates all culinary supervisors.
- Informs and consults with human resources department regarding staffing changes and needs, employee relations/counseling, training needs, employee terminations, changes in employee status, etc.
- Conducts regular departmental meetings and training sessions to ensure all culinary staff members are refreshed and know and follow facility and departmental policies and procedures, and to ensure that all staff members are customer service oriented at all times to all residents, coworkers, guests and vendors.
- Coordinates with culinary supervisors to develop menus, establish vendor relationships, order appropriate food and supplies, plan use of leftover food, maintain appropriate inventories, and ensure appropriate staffing levels and supervision of culinary staff.
- Coordinates with the Dietician, cooks and nursing personnel to ensure diet changes and special diet restrictions comply with physicians’ orders and that supplies and meals are ready for tray service in a timely manner.
- May perform duties of Cook, Baker, Dishwasher, Server or any other position as circumstances require.
- Ensures high quality food service, food temperatures, appearance and appropriate quantities (for Health Center and Waterford) for all residents’ dining areas by checking food trays as they go out, visiting residents and getting feedback from residents and staff members in the Health Center and Waterford. Work with culinary supervisors and staff members to make all necessary improvements.
- Ensures proper sanitation, hygiene and safety procedures are established and followed at all times. Remains current on all issues related to employee safety and health, keeping abreast of changes on OSHA requirements and informing the staff where appropriate, and ensure staff attends mandatory in-services and emergency drills.
- Establishes relations with residents and other departments to offer culinary services to them; offers catering services for residents in various dining rooms and party rooms.
- Annually prepares culinary budget under direction of Executive Director; maintains all appropriate records and cost analyses, and ensures culinary operations are within the established budget. Informs Executive Director of any discrepancies.
- Ensures all culinary employee incident reports are reviewed and investigated immediately. Reports all recordable employee injuries (when must be seen by a doctor) to FVD’s MCO for workers compensation and Human Resources within 24 hours.
- Serves on Quality Council Committee and other committees or task forces as assigned. Participates in meetings, seminars and committees as desired, needed and/or as directed by the Executive Director. Attends mandatory in-service training and education programs.
- Maintains policies, manuals, charts, graphs, etc. according to CCRC standards.
- Serves as resource for departments regarding technical and administrative aspects of culinary services.
- Records department costs, maintains inventory system, and regularly checks storage areas for stock level of staple items.
- Supervises kitchen personnel on all shifts, staffing, scheduling, counseling, orientation, and evaluation of kitchen staff. Selects, trains, evaluates and recommends / carries out discipline to all kitchen personnel.
- Utilizes On-Shift to control labor and schedule accuracy.
- Certified Culinary Manager or Bachelor’s Degree in or related field and 5+ years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in a food service field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage operations and broad knowledge of health and nursing home regulations. Local contacts with vendors preferred.
- Ability to use basic mathematic skills.
- Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
Our Non Profit Difference
Friendship Village of Dublin is the only Lifecare community in Dublin, Ohio.
At Friendship Village of Dublin, we’re all Hospitality Ambassadors, working as a team to provide our residents with the best service and lifestyle possible. In return, we are rewarded for doing our best and enjoy a warm, family-like work atmosphere.
For more information on our 5-star community, visit our website at www.fvdublin.org
One of the reasons we are an employer of choice is the rich benefits package that we offer to our staff. As a part of Friendship Village of Dublin, you will have a wealth of benefits available to you. Including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability/life/AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts, Retirement savings plan (with employer match), Generous Paid Time off, Wellness programs, Tuition reimbursement and more!