Friendship Village of Dublin is a CMS 5 STAR facility with Excellent Department of Health Survey Results! Come be apart of our 5 STAR Health Care Team!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO BE OUR NEXT Health Unit Coordinator:
Friendship Village of Dublin located in Dublin, OH is seeking a Health Unit Coordinator. Under the direct supervision of the DON or Charge Nurse, the Health Unit Coordinator is responsible for maintaining complete, accurate and confidential patient medical charts as legal documents and answering general inquiries from patients, visitors and telephone callers. Unit Coordinators may assist with in-service education and quality assurance functions. This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
Essential Job Duties:
- Answers all incoming calls to the unit. Directs and/or accompanies visitors to residents and informs visitors of facility regulations. Distributes mail, flowers and packages to residents.
- Keeps patient care cards updated and available to STNAs on every shift.
- Keeps a log of residents who are off the floor. Notifies medical records department and switchboard when a patient is admitted, transferred to another room, transferred to another facility or is discharged.
- Performs clerical functions necessary in admitting a new resident such as making headings on charts, identification bracelet, etc.
- Coordinates and assists with staffing activities
- Arranges schedule for residents for external visits; to clinics, x-ray, laboratories, surgery, etc.
- Files charts in proper order and keeps track of where charts are at all times. Checks for neatness, torn pages and correct order. Files dictated progress notes, diagnostic testing reports, consults and MAR’s into each resident’s record in accordance with established chart order. Initials reports when filing into chart. Purges records in accordance with policies and procedures. Completes charts of discharged patients and deaths and arranges them in proper order before sending to Medical Records.
- Prepares requisitions for repairs, weekly unit supplies, diet changes, routine lab work, and consultations. Notifies Dietary Department of diet changes. Checks and obtains DON’s signature on all requisitions as necessary.
- Transcribes physician orders in a timely fashion. Notifies the patient’s assigned nurse of new orders.
- Reviews daily staff changes and copies appropriate changes on unit time sheets.
- Reports to DON or Charge Nurse any situation that is a hazard to patient safety such as spills on floor, broken furniture, malfunctioning equipment etc.
- Keeps appearance of office and surrounding area neat and in order.
Equal Opportunity Employer
What’s in it for you:
- Annual Pay Increases
- Student tuition reimbursement, Scholarship opportunities to help you reach your career goals through continued education
- Bonuses for referrals
- Health Insurance Options, Medical, Dental Vision
- Company Paid Life and Disability Insurance
- Shift Differentials
- Flex Schedule Full Time!
- And so much more!