the Landscape Senior Tech is responsible for maintaining the landscape health, quality, and presentation of property throughout the year. Also responsible for projecting a positive public image of FVD through professional conduct and communications, while maintaining confidentiality where appropriate.
- Annual Pay Increases
- Early Shifts!
- Student tuition reimbursement, Scholarship opportunities to help you reach your career goals through continued education
- Bonuses for referrals
- Health Insurance Options, Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Retirement Plans
- A generous amount of PTO
- And so much more!
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains all aspects of community landscaping including trees, shrubs, perennials, flowering annuals, planting, turfgrass management, mowing, core aeration, mulching, edging, pruning, seeding, sodding, leaf removal and disposal, etc.
- Completes pesticide applications (e.g., insecticide, fungicide, and herbicide) as needed to maintain health of plants.
- Applies fertilizer as needed for turfgrass and flowering annuals to support nutritional health.
- Operates and maintains all seasonal equipment: trucks, trailer, skid steer loader, utility vehicle, tractor, mowers, core aerator, vacuums, backpack blowers, string trimmers, gas powered shears, power tools, water pumps and tank, tillers.
- Operates and maintains winter equipment: trucks, plows, skid steer loader, snow box, utility vehicles, tractor, blowers, de-icing equipment.
- Keeps property clear of snow and ice to maintain safe community for residents, associates, and visitors throughout the winter season.
- Interacts daily with Landscape Supervisor and Landscape Team, assists with development of daily tasks and strategies, involved with and assists landscape associates to encourage production, teamwork, and morale. Frequently involved with contractors scheduling, oversight, productivity, and install quality.
- Reports potential problems, concerns, hazards, incidents or accidents to Landscape Manager or HR within 24 hours.
- Maintains building gutters clear of debris and leaves, power washing where needed.
- Places, maintains, and stores outdoor furniture.
- Occasionally supports other FVD departments as circumstances require. Advises and informs Landscape Supervisor of any issue relating to property or landscaping personnel. Performs any duties or responsibilities that circumstances require and/or as assigned by Landscape Manager.
- Education and/or professional experience beyond high school preferred relating to fields of Horticulture, Plant Pathology, Turfgrass Management, Landscape Horticulture, and Irrigation.
- Multidiscipline approach applied to trouble shooting and problem-solving field situations to efficiently and productively to maintain community high standards and expectation.
- Operational and mechanical knowledge of seasonal and winter equipment
- Working knowledge of lawn care equipment and tools
- Knowledge of ODA pesticide regulations and SDS information