Dining Friendship Village of Dublin is looking for a Certified Dietary Manager (CDM)
Do you enjoy preparing delicious meals? Are you interested in joining a team that recognizes leadership and excellence in food service and guest hospitality?
Would you like to cultivate your passion for the culinary arts? The Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) at Friendship Village of Dublin acts as the connecting agent between the clinical/dietetics team and the kitchen staff. The CDM is responsible for ensuring guests receive diet- and texture-appropriate meals that are appetizing and nutritious.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Assists in the planning, scheduling and supervising of culinary personnel who work in the licensed care areas.
- Assure quality nutritional services are provided to the residents on a daily basis.
- Supervise, interview, hire, train and develop food service personnel.
Assists in developing all menus for licensed care residents. Obtaining and honoring food preferences.
- Provides education and on the job training to dietary personnel.
- Develops work assignments for licensed care dietary personnel assigning specific jobs and spot checking work to ensure standards are met.
- Develop, implement and maintain an ongoing quality assurance audits for the department.
- Maintains pertinent and appropriate records, reports, schedules as required by local, state and federal regulations and otherwise requested.
- Maintains individual resident diet information obtained from the electronic medical record (EMR) including the resident’s food preferences, physician prescribed diet and nutritional supplements when indicated.
- Ensures Crandall menus and spreadsheets are followed accurately including gluten free, vegetarian and nutritional analysis.
- Assists and maintains Crandall Menu records including production sheets, number of meals served, requisitions for raw food products plus other appropriate reports, schedules, studies, etc.
- Review with dietician, administration, medical, nursing and resident/family in planning food service programs, activities and goals for the resident.
- Coordinate food service activities with other related departments such as nursing, environmental services, activities and social services.
- Maintains communication with the dietitian regarding residents who may experience weight changes, are on specialized therapeutic diets or nutritional supplements as ordered.
- Must possess excellent oral, written, and organizational skills, while being a team player.
- Maintain a clean, safe and sanitary food service department.
- Certified Dietary Manager Certification or current enrollment in a certification course approved by the Dietary Managers Association.
- ServSafe Certification required within 90 days of employment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prefer two-year supervised food service experience in an institutional setting focused on planning, preparing and servicing regular and therapeutic diets.
- Assists in development, implementation and maintenance of written dining room service objectives and standards of practice with procedures for implementation.
- Assists in assuring staff education is provided to dining room personnel in accordance with the staff education plan, plus provides on the job training for dining room personnel.
- Ensures that dining room service is in compliance with all local, federal and state regulations in relation to service, sanitation and personnel.
- Participates in cost control measures.
- Inspects equipment to determine repair or maintenance needs and cleanliness.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
Our Non Profit Difference
Friendship Village of Dublin is the only Lifecare community in Dublin, Ohio.
At Friendship Village of Dublin, we’re all Hospitality Ambassadors, working as a team to provide our residents with the best service and lifestyle possible. In return, we are rewarded for doing our best and enjoy a warm, family-like work atmosphere.
For more information on our 5-star community, visit our website at www.fvdublin.org
One of the reasons we are an employer of choice is the rich benefits package that we offer to our staff. As a part of Friendship Village of Dublin, you will have a wealth of benefits available to you. Including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability/life/AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts, Retirement savings plan (with employer match), Generous Paid Time off, Wellness programs, Tuition reimbursement and more!