Restaurant Dining Supervisor
Want to work for a company recognized as one of the voted Top Workplaces by Columbus CEO? Come be a part of our Community and Make a Difference in the lives of our Residents!
Friendship Village of Dublin is looking for a The Restaurant Dining Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of the front of the house, providing professional leadership and direction to dining room associates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises the physical appearance of the dining room and waitress stations including table pedestals, chairs, rugs, drapes, flooring tiles, light fixtures, etc.
- Supervises the appearance of dining room tables, including table linens, napkins, silverware, table setup, centerpieces, etc.
- Supervises Dining Room personnel on all shifts, staffing, scheduling, counseling, orientation, and evaluation of Dining Room Staff.
- Selects, trains, evaluates and recommends/carries out discipline all Dining Room personnel.
- Assigns specific job and spot checking to ensure standards are met.
- Maintains pertinent and appropriate records, reports, files, schedules and studies. Ensure that posted work schedule meets all staffing/labor/budget guidelines.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures related to safety and health are followed, including but not limited to SDS information, safe work practices, infection control and universal precautions.
- Promotes teamwork within the department and between departments to ensure smooth operations and quality service.
- Supervises dining room personnel on all shifts, staffing, scheduling using On-Shift, counseling, coaching, orientation, and evaluation of dining room staff.
- Keep the POS updated with the daily specials.
- A minimum of two years supervisory experience in “front of the house operations” within restaurant, hotel, club or similar institution.
- Prefer Post-Secondary Education in hospitality management or dining room operations.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Social Skills in order to work effectively with residents, patients, families, visitors, peers, supervisors, subordinates and other outside contacts.
- Light to moderate physical effort 90% of the time. Must be able to stand and walk 90% of the work day; ability to stoop, bend and stretch frequently; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently. Must be able to see, hear, and speak.
- Assists in development, implementation and maintenance of written dining room service objectives and standards of practice with procedures for implementation.
- Assists in assuring staff education is provided to dining room personnel in accordance with the staff education plan, plus provides on the job training for dining room personnel.
- Ensures that dining room service is in compliance with all local, federal and state regulations in relation to service, sanitation and personnel.
- Participates in cost control measures.
- Inspects equipment to determine repair or maintenance needs and cleanliness.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by Manager.
Our Non Profit Difference
Friendship Village of Dublin is the only Lifecare community in Dublin, Ohio.
At Friendship Village of Dublin, we’re all Hospitality Ambassadors, working as a team to provide our residents with the best service and lifestyle possible. In return, we are rewarded for doing our best and enjoy a warm, family-like work atmosphere.
For more information on our 5-star community, visit our website at www.fvdublin.org
One of the reasons we are an employer of choice is the rich benefits package that we offer to our staff. As a part of Friendship Village of Dublin, you will have a wealth of benefits available to you. Including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability/life/AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts, Retirement savings plan (with employer match), Generous Paid Time off, Wellness programs, Tuition reimbursement and more!