- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 fresh rosemary sprig
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic cloves, cut sides down, and rosemary sprig. Cook until fragrant and garlic begins to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove and discard garlic.
- Add carrots to skillet. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the water. Bring just to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 8 to 10 minutes or until carrots are nearly tender.
- Remove and discard rosemary sprig. Add juice, maple syrup, mustard to carrots; increase heat to medium-high. Cook, stirring often, until liquid is syrupy and carrots are lightly glazed, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.