We often hear from our residents and their families that the Friendship Village of Dublin community is much more than a place to live. When you live at Friendship Village, your neighbors become family. The caring associates who prepare and serve your meals, plan your activities, maintain your facilities and grounds, and provide medical and personal care are a part of that family, too. Are you grateful for the care you or a family member received at Alderwood Health & Rehab? Did a member of our Culinary team help you plan a special event or go above and beyond in a moment of service? Perhaps one of your neighbors extended a helping hand at an important time. Through Friendship & Gratitude, you can share your thanks and support the Friendship Village of Dublin community at the same time.
“The caregivers helped and loved Mom so much. They went above and beyond to help Mom from her first day at FVD, to long term care and moving her to her new room in Alderwood. So many people helped Mom on her journey – thank you!”
Your charitable giving helps Friendship Village support many different programs:
The Greatest Need Fund supports just that – the greatest philanthropic need at FVD as determined by our Executive Director and volunteer Board of Directors.
The Residents’ Benevolent Fund helps residents facing unforeseen financial hardship, ensuring a safe, secure, and comfortable home for all.
The Friendship Village of Dublin Scholarship Fund inspires educational attainment and career growth by supporting training and scholarships for associates and their children, including the annual John Schwarck Leadership Scholarship.
The Rea and Genell Secrest Health Services Fund helps secure the present and future health and comfort of the residents through the Village’s health services areas.
The Capital Projects Fund provides funding for capital projects, construction, and major equipment.
The Community Enrichment Fund supports projects that enrich the community and enhance quality of life, including landscape, library, arts and entertainment.
There are many ways to give:
- Qualified Charitable Distribution: Making a qualified charitable distribution (QCD) from your IRA is a wise giving strategy for many donors over the age of 70.5 because of the unique opportunity to offset required minimum distribution (RMD). For more information, contact Charitable Giving.
- Appreciated Securities: Gifts of appreciated securities, including stocks and bonds can have significant tax benefits in the right situation. For more information, contact Charitable Giving.
- Gift Annuity or Remainder Trust: Certain Gifts, including a charitable gift annuity or charitable remainder trust can earn income for the donor and support a program or project. Annuities are managed in partnership with the Columbus Foundation. For more information, contact Charitable Giving.
- Will or Trust: Giving through your will or trust will have a lasting impact on our mission. For more information, view/download sample bequest language or contact Charitable Giving.
- Donor-Advised Fund: You can support Friendship Village of Dublin with a gift from your donor-advised fund. For more information, contact Charitable Giving.
- Vehicle or Boat Donation: Donating a vehicle or a boat is a creative way to support our mission. View/download form.
- Kroger Community Rewards and AmazonSmile: It’s easy to participate in the Friendship Village of Dublin partnerships through Kroger and Amazon. View/download form.
- Volunteering: Give the gift of your time and expertise. For more information, contact Charitable Giving.
Donors who make Annual Gifts of $500 or more are recognized in our Friendship & Gratitude Society, including invitations to donor appreciation events.
Donors who share their plans to support Friendship Village of Dublin through their will, trust, or other estate plan are recognized in our Legacy Society, including invitations to the annual Legacy Society luncheon and other donor appreciation events.
We’re happy to work with all types of advisors – attorneys, financial advisors, POAs, etc. Please choose one of the appropriate forms below or contact Charitable Giving.
Sample Bequest Language: view/download
Legacy Commitment Form: view/download
Gift of Securities Form: view/download
Beneficiary Designation Form from Resident Agreement: view/download