[Updated: April 26, 2018 | Published: September 20, 2017]
For many of us, time with grandchildren is one of the most precious gifts in our lives. However, it’s not always easy to think of fun activities both age groups will enjoy.
To help grandparents find ways to fill their time with their grandchildren, Huffington Post came up with a list of 101 Generation-Bridging, Boredom-Busting Activities. Here are a few of our favorite ideas!
1. Solve brainteasers, puzzles and riddles together. There’s nothing like a little healthy competition to see who can solve a puzzle the quickest to help bond a grandchild and grandparent.
2. Start a book club. Reading together and discussing the book afterwards is a great way to learn from each other and see things from a different perspective. Especially if you have an older grandchild, you may find you both enjoy the same books.
3. Conduct an egg drop experiment. There’s no way you won’t win “Grandparent of the Year” award after letting your grandkids experiment with egg dropping. This is not only a cool science lesson, but also probably something they wouldn’t get a chance to do at home.
4. Put together your family tree. Making a homemade family tree is not only interesting, but will give a history lesson your grandchildren will never forget.
5. Bake cupcakes and deliver them to neighbors. Baking is a great way to pass on your cooking expertise while also making a tasty treat the grandchildren may only get on special occasions! Plus, you’ll get kindness points for sharing the treats with your neighbors.
6. Try a making a new craft. Even if you’re not the craftiest person, your grandchildren will love learning and constructing something new with you. Try these cardboard crowns to get started.
You can’t go wrong when choosing an activity to do with your grandchildren – as long as they get quality time with you, they’ll be happy!
What are some of your favorite things to do with your grandkids? Let us know in the comments below!